WHAT & WHY: Invited Sessions are an integral part of the ICEGOV conference. They focus on current issues in relation to IT, technology, modernization reforms, digital transformation, etc., with a particular focus on the public sector and society. Each session is organised by international organizations or government entities. Invited Sessions are a unique opportunity for a global insight from government practitioners and international organizations, provide an insight into the latest technology solutions and approaches in the public sector, including disruptive technologies, legal issues, and benefit realization of investment. They are also a chance for insightful discussions and networking, and provide an opportunity to know the e-Government solutions implemented or being considered in the public sector.
WHEN: Invited Sessions take place during all 3 days of the conference. Each session lasts 2 hours. The list of sessions is available below – clicking on each one will provide more information.
DAY 1 | Wednesday, 3 April 2019
- 10:30-12:30 | Invited Session 1 | Digital Inclusion and Equality in the Global South and the 2030 SDGs
- 14:00-16:00 | Invited Session 2 | Accessibility and Ethics in the Digital Transformation of Society
DAY 2 | Thursday, 4 April 2019
- 10:30-12:30 | Invited Session 3 | Monitoring and measuring the impact of Digital Government and the SDGs in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 14:00-16:00 | Invited Session 4 | Capacity and Strategy Building for Smart Cities and Communities
DAY 3 | Friday, 5 April 2019
- 10:30-12:30 | Invited Session 5 | AI in the real world? Balancing challenges and opportunities to deliver better public value and improve service delivery
- 14:00-16:00 | Invited Session 6 | Digital transformation of local and regional government service production and delivery