For participants arriving to the conference, the most practical means of transportation is to book a flight to Athens International Airport (ATH), also known as Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos. This is the primary international airport serving the city of Athens and is located about 33 kilometres (20 miles) from the city centre. It is Greece’s busiest airport and serves as the hub and main base of Aegean Airlines, the country’s flag carrier airline.
Apart from the many connections within Greece and to several European countries, direct flights are also available from some cities in North America (Canada and USA), North Africa, the Middle East, and Asia (Beijing and Singapore). Connecting flights from other countries are also available, depending on your chosen airline and departure airport, mostly through major European airports (Heathrow, Frankfurt, Amsterdam or Charles de Gaulle).
There is direct access to the city centre from the arrivals and departures terminal at Athens airport. The following options are recommended:
- Express shuttle: 30 minutes, 5 EUR
- Metro and suburban railways: 35 minutes, 8 EUR
- Taxi: 30-35 minutes, 35 EUR (fixed rate)
All sessions of the conference will be held at the Harokopio University of Athens (HUA). The full address is Eleftheriou Venizelou 70, Kallithea 176 76, Greece. A Google Maps location is provided below. The conference venue can be reached by foot if you are staying relatively close to it. Otherwise, you may take the metro, bus or trolley bus.
- By metro: line 1, station Tavros
- By bus from Athens: line 040, station Harokopou
- By bus from Piraeus: line 040, station Agion Panton
- By trolley bus from Athens: line 1 or 5, station Karagiannis or Harokopou
- By trolley bus from Moshato or Jijifies: line 1 or 5, station Harokopou